Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum

An online meeting place for Minnehaha Academy Tech Interns.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trumpet mouthpiece

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simster898

Trumpet mouthpiece Empty
PostSubject: Trumpet mouthpiece   Trumpet mouthpiece Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:12 pm

hey Brian, i was wondering what kind of mouth piece I tried on the other day? About how much did it cost? would you have a suggestion for a similar mouth piece (i.e a mouth piece with a similar bore, throat, and mabye cup size).
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

Trumpet mouthpiece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trumpet mouthpiece   Trumpet mouthpiece Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Chris,

The mouthpiece I play is a Standard Monette B2 STC-1 weight. You can read more about them at www.monette.net They are wonderful mouthpieces, but they are a bit pricey at $220 plus you can't return them once you buy them. Monettes come in two different series: Standard and Prana and five different weights (STC3, STC2, STC1, XL, XLT) STC 3 and 2 are for Monette trumpets ONLY and the STC-1 is for either Monette horns or non Monette instruments. The XL and XLT blanks are more commonly used as lead pieces since they are a bit lighter but you could get any size in either blank. I like the extra weight of the standard for most things, although my B2L lead piece is an XL blank. You can reference the sizes on Monette's site.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
https://matech.forumotion.net

Trumpet mouthpiece
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum :: Schedules and General Information :: The Green Room-
Jump to: