Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum

An online meeting place for Minnehaha Academy Tech Interns.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Trumpet mouthpiece

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
simster898

PostSubject: Trumpet mouthpiece   Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:12 pm

hey Brian, i was wondering what kind of mouth piece I tried on the other day? About how much did it cost? would you have a suggestion for a similar mouth piece (i.e a mouth piece with a similar bore, throat, and mabye cup size).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MR. H
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trumpet mouthpiece   Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Chris,

The mouthpiece I play is a Standard Monette B2 STC-1 weight. You can read more about them at www.monette.net They are wonderful mouthpieces, but they are a bit pricey at $220 plus you can't return them once you buy them. Monettes come in two different series: Standard and Prana and five different weights (STC3, STC2, STC1, XL, XLT) STC 3 and 2 are for Monette trumpets ONLY and the STC-1 is for either Monette horns or non Monette instruments. The XL and XLT blanks are more commonly used as lead pieces since they are a bit lighter but you could get any size in either blank. I like the extra weight of the standard for most things, although my B2L lead piece is an XL blank. You can reference the sizes on Monette's site.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://matech.forumotion.net

Trumpet mouthpiece
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1