Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum

An online meeting place for Minnehaha Academy Tech Interns.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pipes for Cycs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sideburns

Sideburns

Pipes for Cycs Empty
PostSubject: Pipes for Cycs   Pipes for Cycs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:05 pm

So, Humason wanted some short pipes for the Cyc lights. I can get them. There are some questions to which I need answers:

-How many?
-How long?
-Threaded on one or both ends?
-Budget?
-Quality?

Also, I could get some pipe joints/elbows and create some long, low bars. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Pipes for Cycs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes for Cycs   Pipes for Cycs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:30 pm

How Many: at least three

How Long: max 1 ft, min 1 ft, so about 1 ft

Threading: It could go either way, but on one end would be good enough

Budget: no idea

Quality: good enough that the threads will last more than a year, and that we can screw a bolt into it without it puncturing completely and/or break the pipe.

The whole elbow thing is good idea, but just using the normal pipes would work too, so see "Budget". I like the idea, but it's not necessary.

Edit: If you were to do the whole elbow thing, the pipes would have to be smaller than 1ft.
Back to top Go down
scooter

Pipes for Cycs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes for Cycs   Pipes for Cycs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Yay! Thank you, Kyle!

The elbows are up to Nathan and the budget, of course--but if they take longer to get than normal pipes (we need them by Thursday), normal seems to be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sideburns

Sideburns

Pipes for Cycs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes for Cycs   Pipes for Cycs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:49 pm

The time needed for acquisition is negligible,. I don't know if they come that short, but I will see. If not, I always have an angle grinder.

Fun fact: When discussing this with my father, I found out that he has done work 'on the side' for gopher lighting!
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Pipes for Cycs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes for Cycs   Pipes for Cycs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:41 pm

As long as they are not more than 2 ft, I think 2 ft would be the max, cause then you could see them from the audience, the elbow thing is not necessary, cool idea that we could maybe do later, but just small pipes is all we really need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pipes for Cycs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipes for Cycs   Pipes for Cycs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pipes for Cycs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum :: Productions :: Lighting Design-
Jump to: