Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum

An online meeting place for Minnehaha Academy Tech Interns.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cleaning day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mauser

Cleaning day Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning day   Cleaning day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:53 pm

We wee talking after school today about having a tech cleanup day after school sometime in the week, we were thinking next Wednesday, the day before thanksgiving. This would be a pretty late night thing, prolly going till around 7-8, preferably later so we can get more done. But just wanted to see what everyone thought about this, and whether or not you could make it on that day.

Things we would probably be doing:
-Cleaning out the booth, a complete clean out, take everything out vaccumm, dust, etc., decide what really needs to be in the booth, and put then rest in the tech room, then put everything back in, possibly in a new arrangement

-Clean off all of out tables of crap that we made backstage from Proof

-Clean up gels, organize, clean, make it look nice, possibly move out of the scene shop

-Clean up Stage Left...It really needs it, find another place to store all of that edison, we don't really need all of that on stage.

-Find a new Find a place for lighting storage, the meet racks work alright, but not ideal, and we really need a place to put the cycs, The flylines might work, but its a hassel to have to reweight them every time we want a light also maybe look into a better place for pipe storage, because that is not really an ideal space, seeing as it cuts out the last few feet of out stage.

-clean up the catwalk, dust it out, do something to it, make it a little bit of a nicer place to be in.

And that is all I can think of for now, most likely we would not be able to get this done all in one day, but it is something to work towards, and we could at least get some of it done.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Cleaning day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning day   Cleaning day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:04 pm

Indeed. I'm going to try to be there, I'm not sure how late I'll be able to stay since *way* too much of my family is in town... I'll stay as late as I can though. Were we also thinking of doing a maintenance day the week after thanksgiving or something? And getting the younger people to come in and help with this! (And teaching them things before Showcase would be nice...)
Back to top Go down
scooter

Cleaning day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning day   Cleaning day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:44 pm

Ooh, good idea--I can be there.

hmm...do we have a somewhat portable vacuum? I can bring a smallish one, if not--especially for the catwalk. Other things we will need? It would be good to have everything and be ready to work.

How about a small filing cabinet for the gels? If we can afford it/have space in the tech room/don't already have one, it would be nice to relocate gel storage--and isn't the current cabinet holding up the table in the scene shop?
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Cleaning day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning day   Cleaning day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 12:27 am

I don't think its holding up the table, I glanced at it today thinking that, but I dont think it is, and we can always screw in a piece of wood quick for the table. also we may be able to clear some space in the cabinet that is already in the tech room, I don' know we'll see, (but then it would also be nice to have a table in the tech room for cutting and just in general working with gels) Umm, for the catwalk there has been talk in the past of getting an air compressor up there and just blowing the whole thing out, I think Chris said he might be ale to bring one in, but I'll have to ask him tomorrow to see if he can. Yes we do need to get the newer people involved in this.

I think the whole maintenance day is a whole other story, but yes we should pop open everything and clean out the insides, I think the lights probably really need it, and then we will notice that our stage is suddenly a whole lot brighter.

But lets ask around and see who can make it on that day, (not everyone checks here as often as they should) and make sure that that would be a good day to have it on, and that it wouldn't be better to do it at a later date where we could possibly have more people.

Just realized I may not be able to make it, I will try to figure it out, and will most likely be able to, but there is a chance that it may not work.
Back to top Go down
Van D

Cleaning day Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning Day   Cleaning day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:21 am

Can i come and maybe learn some new things? Its my one free afternoon of the year and it seems like a great oppurtunity to learn where everything is!
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Cleaning day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning day   Cleaning day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:48 pm

Yes, please come, we need all the help we can get.
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

Cleaning day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning day   Cleaning day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:34 pm

Yes, you are more than welcome to come to this. The more we can get in order, the better the rest of the semester will be.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
https://matech.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Cleaning day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning day   Cleaning day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning day
Page 1 of 1