Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum

An online meeting place for Minnehaha Academy Tech Interns.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Choir Christmas Concert

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

Choir Christmas Concert Empty
PostSubject: Choir Christmas Concert   Choir Christmas Concert Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:06 am

OK, so I talked to Ms. Solberg a little bit on Friday about Thursday's concert. Here is an update to the what, when, where, etc.

-Monday they are going through and spiking/blocking the positions for the groups and soloists.

-The risers are basically split into thirds and there will be one group the sings towards the front of the stage. So, 4 main areas.

-There is a candlelight processional like they've done before.

-Some soloists start out some of the songs, so they were thinking of putting a light only on the soloist to start out while leaving the rest of the room dark then add full lights as the whole group comes in. We'll know more specifics Monday when she puts the finishing touches on the program.

-I'm thinking we might need to hang a couple lights for the spot-style lights within the shell. Source 4's?? since we have all of them just lying around plus tons of leko's.

-Color will be used, just not a ton. She mentioned something but I'll get a better read on that Monday as well.

-From our side of things we need someone who wants to run the board for that night. Preferably not named Nate or Meg since they did all of Proof and would like someone else to get a shot at running a show.

Anyone who was involved with last year's concert go ahead and please give me some tips as to what happened previously. With that being said, it's new music and a new concert so it might not even be relevant.

MR. H
Back to top Go down
https://matech.forumotion.net
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

PostSubject: Re: Choir Christmas Concert   Choir Christmas Concert Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:52 am

Just a note to say Kudos to Meg for pulling off a perfect light show even after I decided to change everything and start over wednesday night and making it through her cues with me and Humason distracting her.

-Also thanks to Chris for helping me set up the audio side of the world and run sound/ProTools

Mr. H

P.S. The VeriLites are REALLY loud on the recording. Yikes! Nothing we can do about that. The cue worked just fine. I'll clean it up on the audio side.
Back to top Go down
https://matech.forumotion.net
Mauser

PostSubject: Re: Choir Christmas Concert   Choir Christmas Concert Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:04 pm

The only was I could think to cut down on the noise the Vari*lites make would be to slow down the speed on them, which they do have a speed adjustment, however, I don't know how much noise that would cut out, and if they could get into place fast enough, we'll have to look into it next time we need to record and move them at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choir Christmas Concert   Choir Christmas Concert Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Choir Christmas Concert
Page 1 of 1