Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum

An online meeting place for Minnehaha Academy Tech Interns.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Proof Calenadar

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scooter

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:03 am

Hello all!

Opening night is rapidly approaching, and it is high time I organized a calendar and deadlines. I need your input: when are you available for workdays to meet these deadlines?

And a proposed calendar, courtesy of Merrett (thank you!):

Monday, Oct. 27: Lighting plot due, all sound fx found and in ProTools

Tuesday, Oct. 28: Workday--start to hang lights

Saturday, Nov. 1: Have set finished--work day

Thursday, Nov. 5: Have focusing finished

Friday, Nov. 7: Programming and cues absolutely due.

Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 10-11: Dry tech rehearsals

Wednesday, Nov. 12: Dress rehearsal

If you are not able to work on certain days/have other thoughts to change this, please tell me--communicate.
Thanks to everyone for your work!

Leah
Back to top Go down
scooter

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 pm

sorry, double post.

Tonight we got 1st and 2nd and 4th electric hung and cabled--except for the fresnells, of course.
And so tomorrow:

-Catwalk must be hung and cabled

-Cycs need to be placed (at the base of the scrim)

I think that we are in a good position to finish this (as much as we can without the fresnells) tomorrow--but of course, it would be great if you could do some throughout the day (Mr. H) or during 7th hour (Meg and Merrett) If you can't, that is ok--thank you!

We got a lot done today--thank you all for working so hard! I am proud of you!

(Nathan, Meg, Kyle--if this is inaccurate, please correct me)

EDIT: OOPS, 4th, I mean.

Last edited by scooter on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meg

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Yeah, we got 1st, 2nd and 4th hung and cabled today. There's one source 4 that hasn't been hung on 2nd, and one leko that hasn't been cabled (it's at the very end of the electric and we only had 10ft cables...). Obviously, the fresnels haven't been hung on 2nd yet. 4th is (I think) completely done, as is 1st. Some dimmers have been re-assigned on 2nd (heh...), which has been corrected on the plot...
As for catwalk, we need to hang tomorrow. Merrett and I are going to be free to work during 7th hour; Mr. Hallerman, you'll be there too, yeah? Not sure exactly what Nathan is thinking for cycs (hanging on third?), but I'm pretty sure they won't be at the base of the scrim. Apparently it's a fire hazard. Razz
Think that's it, yay, we got a lot done today!
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Yeah, don't think leaning lights on the ground is a very good idea, not sure if they'd burn through it, I'll have to look into it a bit more, sorry about the whole dimmer thing being weird on first electric, I didn't realize it was so messed up until I started working on second. It also wouldn't hurt if you happen to finish the catwalk to start patching the board.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 pm

Yeah, if I know which lights are going to which areas, I think I can patch.
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:40 pm

Yeah, I'll be there for 7th hour and then some. Not 100% sure when I'm coming in, but it will probably be around noon or so.

Is there anything we could put under the Cyc lights to protect the stage?? Not sure how hot they get degree wise, but I also don't know the exact substance the stage is made out of and how fire resistant it is. Since we're backlighting and making silouhettes, they won't be close enough to the scrim to be a fire hazard (since we have to fit people between the lights and scrim) or am I completely missing the boat on this one??

I'm going to go through the music list and get the songs that I don't have. Then our audio will be pretty much done. I will also run and see about mic rental. I think someone said we have rented from Audioquip in the past?? Is that accurate??

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
https://matech.forumotion.net
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:25 pm

So, what is the plan tomorrow?? Since most of our hanging is done, I'm thinking we just wait to focus on Tuesday?? Unless I get a call from Gopher saying a bunch of Fresnels are done, we don't have a whole lot we can do. I have lessons from 3:30-5 on monday, but I can ask Ms. Boike to open the booth if you want to work on some patching on the board.

I'm going to Audioquip tomorrow to inquire about mic rental.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
scooter

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:48 pm

I may not be there Monday (flu shot...)--but I believe that Meg is planning to patch. After that, if people are there, you could begin focusing...

Also, Friday will be a tech day--likely dry tech and any other touch-ups. Everything should be done by Thursday.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
pvt_mter

pvt_mter

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 am

You guys have the stage on tuesday. I will be doing some finishing work on monday to get the set all ready. As for props on the stage like the swing, I would like if that could stay there and not move but if need be that so. I will aslo be able to start working with you guys on tuesday so you can have an extra set of hands.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:35 am

Booth open would be good. I was hoping to patch during my free hour (not like I have anything *better* to do Razz).
Back to top Go down
Meg

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 12:06 am

Double post, sorry!
Anyone (that is if anyone actually checks this before tomorrow...) know how late we'll be staying tomorrow? I can't get a ride past 6:30, and I doubt we'll be staying later than that, but if we are, I might need to beg a ride off of someone. Merrettface: Stillwater and Mendota aren't *that* far away... right? XD.
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:44 pm

Things still needing to be done from a lighting standpoint in order of priority as of today:

focus/patch
hang cycs
swap scrim with cyc
hang side light
gels
cues

Think that's it for now, I'm sure there's more, just can't think of any.

Edit: actually the swapping and hanging of cyc/cycs need to flip
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:51 am

Meg/Merrett,

I'll be there at 1:30 and we can get going on things. We can do whatever is most efficient until we get everyone else there.

Nate, I want to work with you tomorrow on the focusing details some more. I'll prep my eyes accordingly. Also, I want to have the gels figured out and purchased before Friday afternoon....preferably Thursday afternoon. I'm hoping we can be fully ready to roll on Friday.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Another thing that needs to be added to that list, and is part of focusing, gobos need to be put in.
Back to top Go down
pvt_mter

pvt_mter

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:24 am

Sorry that the set is taking so long. I wanted it to be done sooner but things came up. I think the last thing that I need to do is put the windows up and the fences in the right places and then it will be all done... I will maybe have some very small projects that I will need to do but this is all that comes to my mind right now so I should be done in a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
scooter

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:31 pm

Thank you for a good workday today--we got a lot done!

Tomorrow we will come in at 12:00 and stay until needed. The actors are coming in at 9:00 for a rehearsal, stop at noon, and start again at one--so (unless you are coming late) PLEASE come on time, so that we have that hour to ourselves.

Bill-yes, the set absolutely must be finished. Are you coming in tomorrow?

On Saturday, we will be coming in at three for dry tech--have cue sheets done!

Finally, we will have a teaser on Tuesday, so we must be ready for that.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
pvt_mter

pvt_mter

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:05 am

I am cominig in tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Meg

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:38 pm

So I think we're going to be coming in earlier tomorrow, and more people are going to be there than I thought. I was planning on coming at around 2... Merrett's coming after debate and I think it sounds like Addie might be coming in, too.
Back to top Go down
scooter

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:59 am

sounds good--2, then.
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:37 pm

To do for Monday:

The cycs need to be reposition and made generally to look nice

gelling needs to be completed:

2 A 3
4 5

1: violet
2: Magenta
3: need gel for
4: Full straw
5: Violet

think thats it, but not sure.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Okay, Merrett and I can try to get some of this covered during our free hour. Mr. Hallerman: If you're not going to be there before school gets out, is there any way you could let Mrs. Hallberg know that we're going to be working, so that we can get keys if we need them?
Also, I need to fix some of my patching, it shouldn't take too long... we also need to get the trees cabled.
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:32 pm

ugh, sorry the spaces on my little diagrahm didnt work too well, hope you can figure it out, if you cant, tell me, and I'll make something different.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:01 pm

mm, yeah, sorry Nathan, I don't quite get where you're going with the diagram. What's the A...?
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:23 pm

Meg,

I can be there before school gets out. For sure. I have to go get mics in the morning and work with Mrs. Hallberg on some audio editing stuff so I'll be there most of the day.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
Mauser

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:56 am

Ok, sorry bout that, threw together a quick thing here

Proof Calenadar Quicklightchart

Hope this makes a bit more sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Proof Calenadar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proof Calenadar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next