Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Minnehaha Academy Tech Forum

An online meeting place for Minnehaha Academy Tech Interns.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Proof Calenadar

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Meg

Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:00 am

Okay, that makes more sense. We don't have a gel for "3"?
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:01 am

Nate,

Do I need to go get anymore gel sheets? or can we make it with what we currently have? At the rate we were burning those par sheets, we might need a sheet for each night.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
https://matech.forumotion.net
Mauser

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:08 am

ummmm... can't remember names exactly but yes

It would be good to get L120? which is the deep blue? a few sheets, and then more of the straw would be good too 2-3 sheets.
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:10 am

OK, I'll be in and out of the chapel tomorrow, so if you find the exact numbers, either give them to me, or just swing by the office and throw it in my mailbox and I'll go get them while I"m running errands.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
scooter

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:53 am

Hello all!
Thank you for your work today!
A list of things to do, based on today:

Lighting:
-Black foil pars on 3rd
-gel the catwalk, anything else
-get/cut blue (not sure of the number) gels as back up for the burning ones (check if anything else is burning?)
-shutter catwalk lights to get them off the proscenium
-focus the sunrise lights
-troubleshoot for dimmer 20 (ch 19), which isn't working
-shutter the magenta gobo off the cyc
-attend to the remnants from the windows (not sure what you meant there, Nathan)

Sound
-replace that DI
-get intermission music!
-work on the party music
-Addie, you mentioned talking to Ms. Boike about the music fading out and the actors leaving during the party scene

ALSO, I NEED cue sheets from all of you.

We will have a dress rehearsal tomorrow, starting around 3:30 (or after we finish this work.) Plan to stay until around 7:00 tomorrow.

Anything else, anyone?

Thank you!
Leah
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:12 am

-That DI is headed for a long and prosperous career as a paperweight. I think we decided that we can get by just fine with the main one we use up there. Little crossed signals on that, but it will be good.

-I have all the intermission music except an original Black Bird by the Beatles. Tons of covers but no original to be found on iTunes. I'm sure it's out there other places so we'll find it. If anyone has it, can they bring it?? I have the rest of the tunes.

-I'll try and have the monitor routing for the party music done by rehearsal tomorrow as well as another monitor for the back hallway. (that was requested late today)

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
Meg

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 am

I have the original Blackbird on my computer. I don't have an iPod though, so how might I get the file to you?
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:38 am

Can you throw it on a flash drive or just burn a CD with it. I know it sucks burning a disc with one song, but I'll restock anyone who uses CD's for plays.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
Meg

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:43 am

'kay, I've got it on a flashdrive. Weird that the only thing remotely resembling the original on iTunes is a live concert of Paul McCartney's from 2002...
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:47 am

I know. I thought that was weird too, but considering the battle over the Beatles' music rights in the last years, I'm not surprised. McCartney still has an annoying ex to pay off.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
scooter

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:29 am

Hello!

The rehearsal tonight went alright--we are making progress.

Tomorrow, there will be a dress rehearsal--as Ms. Boike said, treat this like the real thing. We will aim to start at 3:30.
In order to be ready, we need:

-music for transitions
-the music during the party needs to be worked out! It will be playing in the background through the whole scene.

-we need to work on transitions--Merrett, you will be in charge of telling me when actors are ready.
-Nathan, you mentioned using a longer border?

-For Act 2 Scene 1, Ms. Boike mentioned that it was difficult to see the actors' faces--lighting
-Gels: Meg and Merrett, it would be great if you could could work on these during free hour tomorrow--which means that we will need them by 1:30 tomorrow (can you do that, Mr. Hallermann? I am not sure what the numbers are--Nathan?)
-We have to fix the black foiling on the pars
-Do the cycs need adjustment?--Oh, and I forgot to tell the actors to walk on the correct side of them.

Anything else?

Thank you! We are nearly there!
-Leah
Back to top Go down
Meg

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:54 am

For Act 2 Scene 1, Ms. Boike mentioned that at first she couldn't see Terhaar's face, but then later it looked brighter. I'm thinking that this means I was working in the vari-lites at around that time, but I can check after school tomorrow.
Also, Nathan: What am I doing for vari-lite colors?
Back to top Go down
MR. H
Admin
MR. H

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 2:09 am

Vari-lite colors? affraid No

I think the two colors are L120-Deep Blue and L441-Full C.T. Straw Correct me if I'm wrong Nate.

I'm thinking that wherever we are with all the lighting cues tomorrow, we should run with them for thursday unless there is something really offensive out of place. We can make slight adjustments, but I'd like to go into Thursday night locked into a plan, whatever that might be from tomorrow.

Mr. H
Back to top Go down
Meg

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:16 pm

Okay, so I forgot that I'm actually not going to be at school tomorrow morning. I'm taking my driver's test, so I will almost definitely NOT be around during flex for cyc moving, sorry. Sad Actually, if I fail again, I *might* be there. If I pass, I definitely won't be there. ... So, sorry, but I'm really going to try *not* to be there! So yeah, it could go either way, but I probably won't be there and if I am, I'll be late.
Back to top Go down
scooter

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:43 am

That's ok Meg--Good luck! I hope you are late!

Tomorrow is the show!

Is anyone NOT going to stay through? I think most are--we will have a cue-by-cue tomorrow right after school, and get everything finished:

-During flex, we will be moving the cycs to BEHIND the cyc--help if you can. We also have to stretch the cyc.
-It would also be nice to move the longer border forward--we will do this during flex (if we have time/people) or after school.
-We have to shutter a light (area E) off the blue curtain
-Finish/determine cues for curtain call
-figure out lighting backstage: how are the birdies? do y'all backstage want glowy stars? Very Happy
-The L120 gels for the pars need to be dealt with: one burned through tonight. I want to check if this is one with a heat shield, and if we don't have enough backup gel, it would be good to get some (if the ones with holes or heat shields are faring better, let's get them all to that standard, if we can)

Kyle, do you want to go by letters for cues, or shall I just cue based on what you should do? (i.e., sirens go) You need to be comfortable with the routine and responsive to cues--but if you are not comfortable with letters alone, that is ok.

If you have a Proof shirt, wear it tomorrow (or black--or should we all wear black?)

Plan for a 15-minute long intermission.

Thank you all for your hard work! The show really looks and sounds good; you have done a great job, and we are nearly there--keep it up for tomorrow!

thank you!!
Leah
Back to top Go down
pvt_mter

pvt_mter

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Sorry that the set taking so long I didn't expect it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proof Calenadar   Proof Calenadar - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proof Calenadar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2